Subject: Cat litter containing zeolites

Cat litter containing zeolites

From: Linda S. Roundhill <artsconservation>
Date: Sunday, June 13, 2004
Andrea Reichert <areichert [at] gov__mb__ca> writes

>... It is my understanding that some
>brand-name cat litters contain zeolites. Since this is a on-off
>project, I'd like to be able to find something locally and in very
>small quantities. Is anyone aware of any specific brands that
>contain or are comprised of zeolites that are available in Canada? ...

Sorry I am late with this answer.  It is my understanding that most
cat litters are made of zeolites or similar odor absorbing minerals.
I was told to buy the plainest, cheapest type (ie without scents or
colors).  The label will not say zeolites but something like natural
mineral clay.

Linda S. Roundhill
Art and Antiquities Conservation
18121 157th Ave NE