Subject: Constrain

Constrain

From: Dominique Rogers <do>
Date: Sunday, June 6, 2004
Erica Devine <edevine [at] museum__ie> writes

>Has anyone come across the use of the permethrin-based insecticide
>Constrain in the treatment of objects, rather than the spraying of
>rooms to prevent insect infestation?

I have been using Constrain for several years on Natural history
specimens, textiles (testing on a discreet area before spraying) and
the inside of furniture and cabinets (especially entomology) I have
not noticed a return of pests in the objects treated and no damage
to the objects.  It is water based so I  protect any varnished or
waxed surface that is close to the areas I spray.

Dominique Rogers MA, BSc
Conservator
The Castletown Foundation
Castletown House