Subject: PARS Discussion Group

PARS Discussion Group

From: Ann Marie Willer <amwillerala>
Date: Monday, May 31, 2004
The ALA PARS Discussion Group will meet at the ALA Annual Conference
on Sunday, June 27 from 4:30-5:30 pm in the Caribbean C Room of the
Sheraton Hotel. Please plan to join us and then attend the ALCTS
Membership Reception from 6-7 pm, also in the Sheraton.

Our topic is "Preparing Materials for Off-Site Storage."  At
Midwinter, the PARS Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-Sized
Libraries Discussion Group held a great discussion about
conservation labs and off-site storage facilities.  We will continue
this thread by discussing the practical issues of preparing library
items for transfer to an off-site facility and for long-term
storage. Librarians with specific experience in these areas will
share their insights and welcome questions.  Anyone with an interest
in this topic is encouraged to join our discussion.

In addition, we will explore the possibility of changing from a
Discussion Group to an Interest Group.

And we are recruiting a new chair or co-chairs to take over
leadership of the DG at the conclusion of the annual conference. For
more information or to volunteer, please contact either of us via
email or in person in Orlando.

    Ann Marie Willer, Co-Chair PARSDG
    amwillerala [at] yahoo__com

    Ann Olszewski, Co-Chair PARSDG