Subject: Overhead projector transparencies

Overhead projector transparencies

From: John Castronovo <jc>
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2004
Larry Hibpshman <larry_hibpshman [at] eed__state__ak__us> writes

>These are not 35 millimeter photographic slides.  They are 8.5 x 11
>inch plastic sheets, used with an "overhead Projector".  Each is a
>reproduction of a photograph (whereabouts unclear).  Almost all
>images are color.  One side has an emulsion, the other side is
>smooth. The slides have no identifying data, but someone has
>photocopied each.  someone has written identification information in
>black felt marker and blue ink on each photocopy.

I can help you with this, but I need some information.

I suspect that these are what were known as Cibacopy transparencies.
It would be highly unusual for them to be Ektachrome film in an 8.2
x 11 inch size. Are they mounted in cardboard frames? What is the
edge of the film like--black or clear? Is there a notch in the
corner of the sheet, if so, can you diagram it so I can see what the
shape is? Under a loupe, is there any regular pattern to the image?

John Castronovo
Tech Photo and Imaging

                   Distributed: Friday, June 4, 2004