Subject: Matting agent for Acryloid resins

Matting agent for Acryloid resins

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2004
Laura Smalarz <preservationworkslrs [at] msn__com> writes

>...  All of the acryloids/paraloids (B72, B67, B48N, B44)
>produce a glossy finish.  Is there anything I can add to create
>matte and semi-gloss sheens? I know that Liquitex makes Soluvar in
>different sheens that I can apply over the different Acryloids, but
is this my only option?

For many years now we have offered Gasil 23C for the purpose of
matting solutions used in conservation.

A fine white, free flowing micronised silica with an average
particle size of less than  3 microns Gasil  is used in
concentrations of 0.05 to 5% by weight to matt lacquers and glazes.

Gasil is supplied in 100 and 500 gm pack sizes.

Full MSDS and technical data is available from our factory in
Springfield, Virginia, America or from our UK base at Cowley, Oxford
in England.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
England