Subject: Loan moratorium

Loan moratorium

From: Craigen Bowen <craigen_bowen>
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2004
The Harvard University Art Museums are preparing to renovate the
Fogg Art Museum and we have had a loan moratorium in place for the
period during which we expected to be moving.  However, because the
renovation dates keep shifting the moratorium dates keep shifting as
well, which is awkward for borrowers.  I would be grateful to hear
from any of you who have moved or undergone construction that
disrupted normal operation:  Has your institution had a moratorium
on loans and, if so, was it helpful? If not, how did you sustain
normal operations while moving collections at the same time.  Did
your institution suspend any other activities/programming at that
time? Thank you.

Craigen W. Bowen
Philip and Lynn Straus Conservator of Works of Art
on Paper/ Deputy Director of Conservation
Straus Center for Conservation
Harvard University Art Museums
32 Quincy St.
Cambridge, MA 02138