Subject: Thymol

Thymol

From: Sharon Hildebrand <shildebrand>
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004
We have a collection of 18th century manuscripts that were treated
for mold with thymol in or around 1980. Has anyone had experience
working with thymol treated items? The literature I'm finding only
concerns arguments against using thymol, but nothing regarding the
aftermath. Any recommendations or referrals would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

Sharon Hildebrand
Preservation Officer/Conservator
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania