Subject: Kodak Film Cleaner

Kodak Film Cleaner

From: William L. Hopkins <whopkins>
Date: Friday, May 14, 2004
We have on hand a small quantity of Kodak Film Cleaner containing
"1,1,2 trichloro - 1,2,2 trifluoroethane 76-13-1) and heptane
142-82-5) which I understand has been discontinued by Kodak for
reasons that I'm unaware of.  I would very much like to hear from
someone regarding the following:

    *   Are there any health hazards related to use of this product,
        and any precautions that should be taken when using it?

    *   What is its effect (if any) on the long term stability of
        photographic emulsions?

William L. Hopkins
Coordinator, Archival Services
American Heritage Center