Subject: PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

From: Beth Doyle <b.doyle>
Date: Friday, May 21, 2004
The ALA PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group will
hold its meeting on Sunday, June 27, 2004, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at
the J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes in room Segura 5 in beautiful
Orlando, Florida.

By popular demand we will be discussing decision making and
selection for treatment--who does it, how are they trained, and what
are your options? commercial binding? in-house repair? reformatting?

In addition, Heather and I will update the group on any information
from the American Institute for Conservation Library Collections
Conservation Discussion Group meeting. We hope to bring back
interesting information on stretching the conservation dollar and
ergonomics for conservators.

In addition we would like to solicit a volunteer to chair PQTDG
beginning with the 2005 Midwinter Meeting in Boston. That meeting
will be our last meeting as chair and we would like to work with the
new person on the 2005 Midwinter meeting. We hope that this will
make the transition of the chair smoother and less stressful. Please
consider this opportunity and contact us either by email or in
person in Orlando.

Heather Kaufman, Co-Chair LCCDG
Beth Doyle, Co-Chair LCCDG

                   Distributed: Sunday, May 23, 2004