Subject: Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group

Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group

From: Beth Doyle <b.doyle>
Date: Friday, May 21, 2004
The Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group will have a
two part discussion at this year's AIC Annual Meeting in Portland,
Oregon.  Our first topic is "Doing More with Less," covering
strategies for stretching the conservation dollar. The second topic
is entitled "Ergonomics for Collections Conservators" covering all
aspects of work space design--both benches and computer stations.

This session will take place on Sunday, June 13, 2004, from
2pm-3:30pm. We invite everyone to bring their experiences and ideas
to share.

In addition we would like to solicit a volunteer to co-chair LCCDG
beginning with the 2005 Annual Meeting. That meeting will be our
last meeting as chair and we would like to work with the new person
on the 2005 meeting. We hope that this will make the transition of
the chair smoother and less stressful. Please consider this
opportunity and contact us either by email or in person in Portland.

Heather Kaufman, Co-Chair LCCDG
Beth Doyle, Co-Chair LCCDG

                   Distributed: Sunday, May 23, 2004