Subject: Hand papermakers

Hand papermakers

From: Lynn C. Kidder <lkid>
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2004
    author.

Notice to hand papermakers and users of endpapers:
Please respond no later than May 17, 2004

The Library of Congress book conservators are expanding our list of
sources for conservation quality handmade papers to use as
undecorated endpapers for Western books dating from the 16th the to
early 19th C. We would like to hear from anyone who makes
preservation quality endpapers and from anyone who uses them.  We
will be publishing the results so that the information is more
widely available.

Papermakers (if you haven't heard from us):  Please send us your
contact information and we will send you more details.

Paper Users (if your endpaper source is *not* listed below):  Please
let us know whose papers you do use.  We are also surveying book
conservators about the endpapers they choose.  If you are willing to
answer a short questionnaire please contact us.

CONTACT one of us:

    Terry Boone
    202-707-8718
    tboo [at] loc__gov

    Lynn Kidder
    202-707-1092
    lkid [at] loc__gov

    Jesse Munn
    202-707-8720
    jmun [at] loc__gov

List of known papermakers:

    Cave Paper Handmade Paper, Carriage House Paper, Cartiere Enrico
    Magnani, demiddelstemolen.nl, Dieu Donne Papermill, Gangolf
    Ulbricht, Griffen Mill Handmade Papers, La Pampa 1690 7 B, Les
    Papiers du Moulin, Katie MacGregor, Moulin de Fleurac, Moulin de
    Larroque, Moulin de Pen-Mur, Moulin du Verger, Olsanske Papirny
    a.s. (velke losiny), Paperki Handmade Paper Mill,
    Papiermuhle-Morzinger, Simon Green, Ruscombe PaperMill,
    Schneider-Karten, Sepp Kornprobst, Twinrocker Handmade Paper,
    University of Iowa Center for the Book, Vinzani Hand
    Papermaking, Werkstatt fuer Papier, Wookey Hole Papermill

                  Distributed: Wednesday, May 12, 2004