Subject: The Rooms

The Rooms

From: Iona McCraith <iona.mccraith>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 2004
I have just read and signed the online petition: "Support The Rooms"
at <URL:http://www.petitiononline.com/therooms/>.

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you
might agree, too.  If you can spare a moment, please take a look,
and consider signing yourself. For those not familiar with The Rooms
this was to be a wonderful new cultural and heritage centre for the
museum, art gallery and archives of Newfoundland and Labrador.  The
provincial government recently announced they wish to delay opening
The Rooms for at least a year due to budget constraints, resulting
in staff  layoffs and  warehousing of collections. In addition to
denying the people access to their own culture and heritage
collections, the possible risks to the collections of being
virtually mothballed could be dire.

Please consider lending your support.

Iona McCraith
Preservation Consultant