Subject: Cork

Cork

From: Cila Santos <cila76>
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2004
I would like to know if there have been any techniques practiced on
hardening cork--how and with what? I am currently working on some
terracotta polychrome sculptures from the 16th century and natural
cork has been used to fill the base of the sculptures. I need to
apply some sort of substance to harden the cork so the sculpture can
be secure on its base.

Miguel Garcia

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 28, 2004