Subject: Labelling plastic

Labelling plastic

From: Kiersten Latham <kierstenl>
Date: Friday, April 16, 2004
I have done quite a bit of searching and haven't found a great
answer yet, so I ask the conservators on the DistList. In a museum
situation, what safe materials can I use to label numbers on plastic
materials? I have a wide range of different plastics and rubbers in
my collection, mostly from the 1960s on. I know solvents are a no-no
with plastics, so I was wondering, what is ok?

Kiersten F. Latham
Collection Manager
Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center
1100 N. Plum