Subject: Rostrum's crown

Rostrum's crown

From: Nemes-Kovacs Erno <nke>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2004
I am currently involved in a 3 year research project at the
Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts' Institute for Conservation Studies.
My DLA project involves the study and research of rostrum's crowns
from the 17-18th century in Transylvania. The research of this
subject has been neglected, and little information is to be found on
these sculptural pieces. I am looking for anyone who researched or
worked on the conservation-restoration of such wooden polychrome
objects and may share information regarding their findings. I may
also study the German, Italian and Oriental influences on the
Transylvanian rostrum's crowns from the late renaissance period.
Thank you for any suggestions and help.

Ernu Nemes-Kovacs
540505 Targu-Mures
Bul. Pandurilor 48/26