Subject: Tyco Sapphire fire suppression system

Tyco Sapphire fire suppression system

From: Michael Gair <michael.gair>
Date: Friday, April 16, 2004
I am looking for information on the SAPPHIRE fire suppression system
from Tyco Fire and Security.  The news release from Tyco (link
below) claims that this product does not cause damage to objects
(e.g. works of art and other types of artefacts) and is the ideal
for museums and other facilities with critical assets that can be
damaged by water.  I would be very interested in any independent
research or other information regarding these claims.

Tyco news release RE: SAPPHIRE fire suppression system:
<URL:http://www.tycofireandsecurity.com/Internet/view.jsp?news_id=953>

ABC Action News (Philadelphia) story on product demonstration on
Good Morning America
<URL:http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/04132004_bb_sapphire.html>

Michael Gair
Conservation Technician