Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Terminology


From: Richard Pearce-Moses <rpm>
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2004
I am looking for help with the definitions of a cockle and a buckle.
Is there a difference, or are they synonymous?

Here are the draft definitions.


    n. A planar distortion in flat materials, especially paper or
    vellum, that is characterized by puckering, waves, or rippling.


    n.  A deformation in a flat surface making it warped or twisted.

Thanks again for your input.

Richard Pearce-Moses
Director of Digital Government Information
Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records
Fax: 602-542-4972

                  Conservation DistList Instance 17:67
                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 28, 2004
                       Message Id: cdl-17-67-028
Received on Wednesday, 21 April, 2004

[Search all CoOL documents]