Subject: Cat litter containing zeolites

Cat litter containing zeolites

From: Shirley Ellis <shirleye>
Date: Friday, April 16, 2004
Andrea Reichert <areichert [at] gov__mb__ca> writes

>... It is my understanding that some
>brand-name cat litters contain zeolites. Since this is a on-off
>project, I'd like to be able to find something locally and in very
>small quantities. Is anyone aware of any specific brands that
>contain or are comprised of zeolites that are available in Canada? ...

I have also looked for cat litter containing zeolites with no
success (or at least with products that specify zeolites are
present, maybe the information is proprietary?).  But I have found
another product in the pet department by Van Ness at Canadian Tire
which is a zeolite Air Filter (used in litter boxes).  It clearly
states "zeolites" are a component in the product.

Shirley Ellis
Textile Conservator
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queen's Park