Subject: Videos on conservation

Videos on conservation

From: Robert Weldon <rjweldon>
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2004
The Detroit Historical Museums is considering having the
conservation of some large items (surface cleaning without solvents,
etc.) take place in an exhibit gallery.  During this time museum
guests would be able to see the conservation "from a distance".  We
would like to have some different conservation videos (particularly
conservation of pantings) playing in a kiosk at this time as well. I
would love to receive recommendations of videos that provide some
general conservation principles (and obviously with images of
treatments in progress) suitable and entertaining for all audiences,
particularly school aged children, which is our largest visitor
group.  Also, if you know of places where we can purchase the
videos, please include that also.

Marianne Weldon
The Detroit Historical Museums

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 15, 2004