Subject: Fiber samples sought

Fiber samples sought

From: Theresa Zammit Lupi <tzammitlupi>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2004
The students of the Book and Paper Department of the Institute for
Conservation and Restoration Studies, Malta, are creating a fibre
slide library as a reference guide for the identification and
analysis of paper fibres. For this exercise we require pure fibres
to prepare microscope slides. We would like to have the widest range
of papermaking fibres as possible including also the different types
of wood pulps. Does anyone know from where we can purchase the pure
material to prepare such samples? Since this project is done as a
learning exercise for our students we require more than one set of
slides. Therefore a relatively large quantity of fibres would be
required. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Theresa Zammit Lupi
Co-Ordinator
Book and Paper Conservation Dept
Institute for Conservation and Restoration Studies, Malta

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 15, 2004