Subject: Stainless steel mounting clips

Stainless steel mounting clips

From: Ulrik Runeberg <rune-ulrik>
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2004
Where can I get mounting clips in stainless steel, to fix paintings
in their frames? In about 1992, I bought dozens of them from the
supplier of conservation products, Deffner and Johann. By now these
stainless steel clips (7 cm long, a little flexible) are not offered
anymore, and the supplier is not able to provide details about the
producer anymore.

I am working as paintings restorer at the Contemporary Art Museum in
Puerto Rico. Here, humidity is a very big issue. Even the metallic
mounting clips with a blue finish or brass begin to oxidize quite
fast. The stainless steel samples, however, proved to be stable so
far. I would appreciate any hint to track down the stainless steel
clips. The general  research on the internet did not lead to any
positive result.

Ulrik Runeberg
Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Puerto Rico
787-977-4030 Ext: 245

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 15, 2004