Subject: Examples of RFPs for sound collection work sought

Examples of RFPs for sound collection work sought

From: Karen Brown <kebrown>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2004
The University at Albany Libraries are planning for an audio
reformatting and cataloging project and are seeking sample RFPs from
those of you who may have undertaken similar projects. The project
entails the reformatting of several hundred reel-to-reel tapes of
various sizes, speeds, and playable conditions to digital format. In
addition to reformatting the physical items, the vendor will verify
descriptive information already gathered in a database and record
the usual metadata. We have one example from another institution,
but would appreciate a diversity of possibilities as we craft our
own document. We have also requested relevant documents from the
granting agency as well.

    **** Moderator's comments: Again, again, if you have documents
    of this sort, please consider contributing them to Conservation
    OnLine.

Karen Brown/Preservation Librarian
University at Albany, LE310

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 15, 2004