Subject: Climate control in southern Africa

Climate control in southern Africa

From: Rene Teygeler <rene.teygeler>
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Lara Wilson <l_a_wilson [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am a paintings conservator temporarily (until October) working at
>the National Museum of Art in Maputo, Mozambique and have been asked
>to give advice about the introduction of air conditioning. I would
>really appreciate help from anyone with experience of preventive
>conservation in tropical/sub-tropical museums.

Lara, in addition to Graeme Scott's answer to your question I can
refer you for more details to my bibliography "Preservation of
Archives in Tropical Climates. An annotated bibliography" published
at the end of 2001. It can be accessed electronically through the
following sites

    <URL:http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/grip/publications.html>

    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byauth/
        teygeler/tropical.pdf>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Rene Teygeler (MA)
Research and Consultancy International Cultural Heritage
Utrecht, the Netherlands

                  Distributed: Thursday, April 1, 2004