Subject: Housing newspapers

Housing newspapers

From: Ian Bogus <imbogus>
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2004
We have a large number of newspapers that were unfortunately stored
in a basement for quite some time.  Luckily there is no evidence of
mold, though many are brittle.  Because of the quantity and cost
issues it was decided to have custom boxes made for them.  Currently
they are all folded in half as if they were just bought.  I have
always boxed newspapers as they have been stored, though during a
discussion with the librarian the option of unfolding them and
purchasing a larger box was brought up.  I would think this would
put undue stress on the fold.  I am not an expert in this field and
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
Rutgers University
New Jersey

                  Distributed: Friday, March 26, 2004