Subject: A death

A death

From: Jessica Bailey <conservation>
Date: Friday, March 26, 2004
For those of you who know Allen Denison, my colleague took a phone
call this morning from Stella, his wife, to say that he died
yesterday, Thursday March 25, 2004.  I'm sorry this is so brief and
impersonal, I thought it would be the quickest way to tell as many
people as possible.  If you'd like details of the funeral
arrangements, which is on Thursday April 1, 2004, please phone or
email the conservation team at

    West Yorkshire Archive Service
    +44 1924 305986
    conservation [at] wyjs__org__uk

Allen retired a few years ago from the Senior Conservator post here
at West Yorkshire, where he worked for many years.  He was an
instructor on the Society of Archivists training scheme, an all
round character and lovely man. He suffered from much ill health
over the years, but enjoyed life with real fervor. I'm very thankful
to have known him.

Jess Bailey.

                  Distributed: Friday, March 26, 2004