Subject: Rockwell Kent painting

Rockwell Kent painting

From: Nina Roth-Wells <backriver1>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2004
Does anyone have any experience treating paintings by Rockwell Kent?
I have examined a painting by this artist that has a localized area
of flaking.  The painting was on the wall in the gallery of a museum
and therefore my exam was rather cursory given the conditions.
However I observed a strange layering structure in the sky that
indicated that the artist had reworked the sky quite a bit.  If
anyone had any advice from experience of treating other works by
this artist I would be grateful.

Nina Roth-Wells
Conservator of Paintings
Georgetown Maine