Subject: Display lighting for murals

Display lighting for murals

From: Gregg Grunow <virginiana>
Date: Friday, March 19, 2004
Our library system has a 7 by 27 foot mural hung on a wall.  The
lower edge of the mural is approximately 7 feet above the wall.  It
is an oil painting on I believe a lacquered board (it is not on
canvas).  It is currently illuminated by fluorescent lights.  The
lighting system for the mural is going to be changed.  Can anyone
suggest the proper type of lighting to use to minimize any further
light damage?

Gregg Grunow
Librarian
Martha Woodroof Hiden Virginiana Room