Subject: Archaeological Textiles

Archaeological Textiles

From: Margunn Veseth <margunnv>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2004
I am a student in textile conservation at the University of
Gotherburg,Sweden working on my dissertation (Bachelor of Science). I
am working on a problem related to some archaeological textiles.
These textiles were found long time ago in a burial mound. They were
laying on top of each other in thick layers.  These lumps of
textiles, soaked in clay were put to dry on a shell and were taken
care of several years later. They managed to separate quite a lot of
the layers.

Today there are still some undissolved lumps left and I would like
to see if it is possible to separate these last bits. I would guess
someone has dealt with such a problem before me and I would like to
get information of any kind on the matter.

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 24, 2004