Subject: Waterlogged leather

Waterlogged leather

From: Susanne Grieve <susannegrieve>
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Currently I am working on several leather shoes that have been
waterlogged for about 140 years. Most of them are in very poor
condition. My question is, does anyone have a favorite filling or
display material that can be used as a support? What type of glue do
you usually use on leather to piece it back together? They will
eventually end up in a museum setting.

Susanne Grieve

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 24, 2004