Subject: Courses on preservation of modern materials

Courses on preservation of modern materials

From: Gill Nason <gill.nason>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2004
Kiersten Latham <kierstenl [at] cosmo__org> writes

>Can anyone tell me if there are any modern materials or plastics
>preservation courses out there for collection manager-types? ...

I can only speak on courses that I have found out about in the UK I
am afraid.

There is a four day course on the conservation of plastics due to be
held at West Dean, Sussex on the 4-7 April, 2004 and they have
recently announced they are repeating it in November.

In addition York University annually run a short course on modern
building materials (as part of their masters in Historic Building
Conservation) that the public can attend, but I believe this was in
February, and I do not know when it is due to operate again.

Gill

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 24, 2004