Subject: Newspapers

Newspapers

From: Amy McCrory <mccrory.7>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2004
Christine Jones <cjjones [at] ucdavis__edu> writes

>At the University of California, Davis, Shields Library, we are
>assessing how we handle newspapers (tabloids and broadsheets). ...

At the Ohio State University Cartoon Research Library, we store
broadsheets in heavy folders in boxes.  Fragile pages are
interleaved with bond paper larger than the broadsheets, so that the
newsprint is not handled directly.  Especially fragile pages are
stored in clear polyester folders, sealed only along one long side.

Amy McCrory
Archivist, Cartoon Research Library
The Ohio State University
023L Wexner Center