Subject: Air pencil system

Air pencil system

From: Tom James Braun <tom.braun>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2004
Carol Pratt <jcpratt [at] efn__org> writes

>In 2000 there were a couple of postings describing the Air Pencil,
>which blows a concentrated stream of heated air and has airflow and
>temperature controls.  Other than being useful for lifting
>self-adhesive tapes, what other kinds of chores will this tool do
>and with what success?  The tool itself is listed in the University
>Products catalog.  Any problems, advantages, experiences from anyone
>out there?  I've been considering this thing for some time, but I'd
>like to know more about it before I spring for it.

All I would suggest is that you make sure to also check out the
Leister line of Swiss hot air tools <URL:http://www.leister.com/>,
as they have a long history of reliability.

Thomas J. Braun
Daniels Object Conservation Laboratory
Minnesota Historical Society

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 17, 2004