Subject: Newspapers

Newspapers

From: Christine Jones <cjjones>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2004
At the University of California, Davis, Shields Library, we are
assessing how we handle newspapers (tabloids and broadsheets). We
are currently tack binding them (also called drill binding or togic
bind), but are curious about how others are handling newspapers they
retain. Are you binding them? If so, how are you binding them? Do
you obtain them in an alternate format such as microform or an
electronic version?

Christine Jones
Binding Services Head
Preservation Dept., Shields Library