Subject: Spanish version of Art and Architecture Thesaurus and Archaeological Thesaurus

Spanish version of Art and Architecture Thesaurus and Archaeological Thesaurus

From: Lina Nagel <lnagel>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 2004
I work in the Centro de Documentacisn de Bienes Patrimoniales (CDBP)
in Chile. Last year we finished a very interesting Getty Grant
Project (2000-2003).  We translated the Art and Architecture
Thesaurus into Spanish.  For the same project we developed an
Archaeological Thesaurus; it is the first initiative in Latin
America for regional and archaeological terms. Both tools are in
editorial process.

    Tesauro de Arte and Arquitectura
    <URL:http://www.aatespanol.cl>

    Tesauro Regional Arqueologico
    <URL:http://www.tesauroregional.cl>

The next time I will revise all the terms related with conservation
in a collaborative work with professionals from the Centro Nacional
de Conservacion y Restauracion (Chile).

For English speakers the Tesauro de Arte and Arquitectura is useful,
because people can search by English term and the system links
direct to the Spanish term.

Lina Nagel
Centro Documentacisn Bienes Patrimoniales
Tabari 654 - Recoleta
Santiago
Chile
+56 732 11 00