Subject: Symposium on the effects of air purification on natural aging of archival materials

Symposium on the effects of air purification on natural aging of archival materials

From: John Havermans <j.havermans>
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2004
Symposium
"The effects of air purification on the natural ageing of archival
    materials"
September 16-17, 2004

In the framework of the year of  "healthy indoor air quality" two
symposia are organized on September 16 and 17, 2004. This first
symposium, organized on September 16, 2004 in The Netherlands
(probably in The Hague) is dedicated to our National 10 year
research program the effects of air purification on the natural
ageing of archival (paper) materials.

Since 1994 a research program at the National Archives in The
Netherlands is running. Materials are stored at two different
storage locations, one with and one without purification. Samples of
the materials have been taken yearly and also the indoor air quality
was examined. In this symposium the full research project and its
results are being presented. Due to the international interest the
speaking language will be English. We welcome persons who want to
present a poster dedicated to e.g. the field of preventive
conservation and indoor air quality.

Also we are looking for companies who want to present
their products at a small trade-fair for both symposium days.
Sponsors are also highly welcome. More information on registration,
final location and program follows, as soon it is available. Of
course you can contact the two project leaders by e-mail.

    Dr John Havermans
    j.havermans [at] bouw__tno__nl

or

    Mr. Ted Steemers