Subject: Paul Signac

Paul Signac

From: Katrin Menz <katrinmenz>
Date: Sunday, February 29, 2004
My name is Katrin Menz, I am currently in my final semester at the
University of Applied Science, Cologne (Germany), where I am
studying restoration and conservation of paintings and polychrome
sculptures. The subject of my final thesis is the technological
examination of a selection of three paintings by the French
neo-impressionist Paul Signac, which are exhibited at the
Wallraf-Richartz-Museum--Fondation Corboud in Cologne, Germany.

These Signac paintings are from the period between 1883 and 1899.
All of them are oil paintings but treated in different painting
techniques. My scientific examination of these Signac paintings will
be focused on the identification and examination of the similarities
and differences regarding the respective painting techniques in
addition to Signac's theoretical scientific studies.

If you are involved in any studies or analyses regarding Paul
Signac's painting techniques, I would very much appreciate the
opportunity to discuss your experiences and results with you in
order to gain a more comprehensive overview of Signac's painting
techniques and work style.

Katrin Menz
Student at the University of Applied Science, Cologne
Venloer Str. 250
50823 Koln
Germany
+49 221 4 75 93 71