Subject: Accelerated ageing

Accelerated ageing

From: Amber Tarnowski <ambertarnowski>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2004
I am searching for an accelerated aging testing chamber. I would
like to have a few samples tested with light exposure and
fluctuations with temperature and humidity, simulating the outdoor
environment. I understand that accelerated aging tests have
drawbacks, but I think the information gained would be beneficial to
my research project. I am performing research on three anti-graffiti
coatings to determine if they are appropriate for use in preventive
conservation on outdoor sculpture. Is anyone currently performing
accelerated aging tests on polymers that I may add a few samples to?

Amber Tarnowski
Kress Foundation Fellow in Art Conservation Biology
Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Harvard University
Pierce Hall,  40 Oxford Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 2, 2004