Subject: Storing negatives

Storing negatives

From: Jennifer W. Rosner <bindery>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2004
We recently purchased a freezer for our film negatives.  Not all of
our negatives fit in the freezer.  If it is not possible to put all
of our film negatives into cold storage, is it more important to put
nitrate negatives into cold storage (even if they are not badly
deteriorated) or to put safety negatives in poor condition into cold
storage?

Jennifer W. Rosner
Conservation Dept.
The Library Company of Philadelphia