Subject: Qajar painting technique

Qajar painting technique

From: Dounia Tahiri-Saglio <dounia>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2004
In order to undertake a conservation treatment on a large Qajar
painting on canvas (supposedly oil, beginning 19th century), I am
trying to find information on the materials and painting technique
of the Qajar painters: old recipes they might have used, technical
studies on their materials and technique, any hint on the media and
the varnishes they used, the way they painted, or any indication of
where I should look, who I should contact. I thank you in advance,

Dounia Tahiri-Saglio (Paris, France)
Graduate Student (Thesis year)
Institut National du Patrimoine
Dipartement des Restaurateurs d'oeuvres d'art (former IFROA)
150, avenue du Prisident Wilson
93 210 Saint Denis
France

                 Distributed: Friday, February 20, 2004