Subject: Condition survey

Condition survey

From: Wendy Leeds <leeds>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2004
Almuth Corbach <corbach [at] hab__de> writes

>We are planning a random sample condition survey of our library,
>consisting mostly of Rare Books and Special Collections. Can anyone
>recommend a software package (for PC) specifically designed for such
>a survey? We would also be interested in copies of survey forms,
>computerised or not.

The Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) has gone on line
with Assessing Preservation Needs: A Self Survey Guide available at
<URL:http://www.nedcc.org>  It contains survey forms you can print
right from the site. I have no experience with but have heard of two
software programs you could look into. One is called MODES, for info
on it, <URL:http://www.modes.org.uk>  The other is called Past
Perfect, sorry but I don't have further info on this one.

Wendy Leeds
Deller Conservation Group
Geneva IL USA

                 Distributed: Friday, February 20, 2004