Subject: Condition survey

Condition survey

From: Almuth Corbach <corbach>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2004
We are planning a random sample condition survey of our library,
consisting mostly of Rare Books and Special Collections. Can anyone
recommend a software package (for PC) specifically designed for such
a survey? We would also be interested in copies of survey forms,
computerised or not.

And of course we would appreciate hearing about your experiences in
this type of collection survey project: approach, suggestions
regarding sampling methodology, unexpected problems, etc. Thank you.

Almuth Corbach, Senior Conservator
Herzog August Bibliothek, Schlossplatz 5-6, D-38304 Wolfenbuettel
+49 5331 808 218
Fax: 5331 808 302

                Distributed: Thursday, February 19, 2004