Subject: Serigraphs on transparent plastic sheeting

Serigraphs on transparent plastic sheeting

From: Arthur Marks <skrams>
Date: Saturday, February 7, 2004
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I am an art historian with a conservation question. A conservator
colleague suggested this list as a possible means to obtaining a
solution for a problem. I am curious to learn if anyone has any
experience with any of Arman's serigraphs on sheets of transparent
plastic--mine is of his familiar image of squeezed paint tubes with
extruded pigment.  I have had one for several years and have just
discovered that it is rippling/crumpling badly, resulting in a kind
of contraction.  Is there any way to correct this and possibly
restore the sheets? Would gentle heat, in say a dry mount press
obtain results? Or is this just the result of the material over time
with no real resolution? Thanks,

Arthur S. Marks
Art Department
UNC-CH

                Distributed: Thursday, February 19, 2004