Subject: Lithograph on cigarette paper

Lithograph on cigarette paper

From: Jayne Girod Holt <girodj>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2004
I have a 20 x 30 inch lithograph on cigarette paper that needs to be
mounted for exhibition.  I've been experimenting with different
methods of hinging and so far haven't found anything that doesn't
cause cockling (my experiments have been on a sheet of buffered
tissue, which is a similar weight and feel to the cigarette paper).
I've tried using both thick and regular tengujo hinges, methyl
cellulose and wheat starch paste adhesives, etc.  I've tried working
as dry as possible. The print is too large for photo corners or edge
supports.

As you can imagine, I am gritting my teeth over this one.  Any and
all suggestions are welcome.

Jayne Girod Holt

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 18, 2004