Subject: Users' Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC)

Users' Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC)

From: Catherine Higgitt <catherine.higgitt>
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2004
The Users' Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC) is
pleased to announce that our web site is now up and running at
<URL:http://www.mascgroup.org>. The site includes information about
the forthcoming

    MaSC Group Liquid Chromatography Workshop and Meeting
    National Gallery of Art
    Washington DC, USA
    April 5-9, 2004

    April 5-7, 2004
    Liquid Chromatography Workshop

        Jan Wouters of the Royal Institute for the Study and
        Conservation of Belgium's Artistic Heritage (KIK-IRPA),
        Brussels, Belgium will be conducting the workshop with able
        assistance from Nobuko Shibayama of the Metropolitan Museum
        of Art, New York who will be instructing the participants in
        the use of mass spectrometry coupled to liquid
        chromatography. Participation in the workshop is limited to
        twenty. This workshop will be repeated in three years.

    April 8-9, 2004
    MaSC Users' Meeting

        Two days of talks and discussion by and for users of
        chromatography and mass spectrometry in cultural
        institutions. In this meeting, we will discuss our progress
        in establishing the MaSC users group and the development of
        a mass spectral database. We also hope to look at the
        applicability of chromatographic and mass spectrometric
        techniques in solving problems presented by conservators and
        art historians. We invite you to participate and encourage
        you to present your work and discuss particular issues of
        interest. If you would like to make a presentation, please
        contact Klaas Jan van den Berg or Christopher Maines (email
        addresses below).

    The registration forms and further information about the
    forthcoming MaSC workshop and meeting are now available at
    <URL:http://www.mascgroup.org/meetings.html>

    If you would like to present a short talk at the meeting, please
    contact

        Klaas Jan van den Berg
        klaas.jan.vd.Berg [at] icn__nl

    or

        Chris Maines
        c-maines [at] nga__gov

Hope to see some of you in Washington soon,

The MaSC Committee
    Klaas Jan van den Berg and Christopher Maines
    Ken Sutherland, Catherine Higgitt and Ester Ferreira

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 18, 2004