Subject: pH test

pH test

From: Richard Aitken <raitken>
Date: Friday, January 30, 2004
I have an unusual enquiry. I have been trying to devise a way to
test paper for acidity without the use of pH strips. I have seen the
same enquiry I am asking from college students. There are the usual
meters and electrodes and to stand over a paper for 150 years to see
if it becomes brittle. This test is aimed at school children between
the ages of 7-11 years old (key stage 2).

Richard Aitken
Archive Conservator
West Yorkshire Archive Service
+44 1924 305986