Subject: Microclimates

Microclimates

From: Jerry Shiner <jshiner>
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2004
Avgi Tzakou <avgitzakou [at] hotmail__com> writes

>Having already designed the storage areas for the Byzantine Museum
>of Athens, we are in the process of purchasing equipment that will
>stabilize the microclimate for each separate section of our
>collection (approximately 6,500 artifacts with: icons, frescoes,
>marble sculptures, small metal and ceramic objects, paper and
>cloth.)
>
>I would be grateful if I could receive some suggestions and
>recommendations on specific equipment that stabilizes the climatic
>conditions, (humidity, temperature ) and mainly if there is an
>acquired experience about the effectiveness and accuracy of the
>product through the years.

Microclimate Technologies International
<URL:http://www.microclimate.ca> supplies microclimate generators
and other climate control devices. Most of our units are designed to
be used in enclosed spaces, such as display cases, storage cabinets,
archive and storage rooms, and refrigerated coolers. All our devices
are designed for extreme reliability and accuracy.  Our focus is on
maintaining constant humidity regardless of temperature change,
although we have experience in temperature modification.

Our installations are currently trusted by a number of major
museums, and some of our original units are still in constant use
after almost twenty years of service. Please feel free to browse
through our web site, or to contact me directly offline.

Jerry Shiner
Microclimate Technologies International

                Distributed: Thursday, January 29, 2004