Subject: Conservation advocacy Unpaid graduate internships

Conservation advocacy Unpaid graduate internships

From: Jeremy Wells <jeremy>
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2004
In response Vera Espinola-Beery's <icona [at] verizon__net> post in
Conservation DistList Instance: 17:50 Tuesday, January 20, 2004
(Subject: Unpaid graduate internships):

I second Ms. Espinola-Beery's suggestion about the AIC and an
advocacy campaign although I would expand it to the general public.
As I've alluded in a previous post, public education and advocacy is
an important part of the field. I came to conservation from the
immovable side of things, but still encounter a lot of
misunderstandings and misconceptions about what an architectural
conservator can offer. I firmly believe that the field of
conservation would dramatically increase and have wider appreciation
if more people simply knew what it was all about--even at the most
basic level. Perhaps the AIC (and WAAC) are in an ideal position to
start a public advocacy campaign? If not, who should take on this
role?

Jeremy

                Distributed: Thursday, January 29, 2004