Subject: Canvas life ring

Canvas life ring

From: Paul Kenney <paulk6454>
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2003
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I am not a conservator but I have a general question that you folks
may be able to help with. I have an 100 year old canvas covered life
ring from a harbor tug named after my grandmother. I would like some
info on restoration and care.

    **** Moderator's comments:   The Foundation of the American
    Institute for Conservation (FAIC) has a service called the AIC
    Guide to Conservation Services, which will help you find a
    conservator in a particular specialty and geographic area.

    See also Resources for the General Public, in Conservation
    OnLine <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/bytopic/genpub/>

        American Institute for Conservation
        1717 K Street, NW, Suite 200
        Washington, DC 20006