Subject: Medium density fiberboard

Medium density fiberboard

From: Anthony D. Ayers <raphaelmad>
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2004
Jim Williams <jwilliams [at] ica-artconservation__org>

>Our regional distributor of Sierra Pine's Medex brand Medium Density
>Fiberboard is no longer stocking this product, or any of its
>formaldehyde- free siblings (medite, medite II). ...

The manufacturer has a listing of distributors by state at
<URL:http://www.sierrapine.com/Content/territories/default.htm>
Click on your respective state to see the listings.

As an aside, being a former owner of a millwork company, it could be
helpful to become acquainted with local millwork, cabinet, and
woodworking shops (the larger the better).  They will often be quite
willing to add your order for sheet goods, hardware, etc., to their
larger orders saving you delivery costs and probably get it at a
much better price point.  It might also be eye-opening to peruse
their hardware catalogs which often have products not generally
available to the public that could be quite helpful.

For those not familiar with it, Outwater Plastics
<URL:http://www.outwater.com> has a large and diverse selection of
products (all types of hardware, veneers, pre-bent forms, lighting,
etc.) that would be of interest.  I always have their current
catalog on hand to find those obscure little bits I need.

Anthony Ayers
Independent researcher

                 Distributed: Tuesday, January 20, 2004