Subject: Deteriorated magnetic tape samples sought

Deteriorated magnetic tape samples sought

From: Douglas Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2003
We are currently engaged in an NEH funded project to look into
magnetic tape deterioration (polyester base). We are currently
looking for examples of deteriorated magnetic tape, in particular,
examples of sticky-shed syndrome and squealing tape. If you have
examples that you are willing to part with we would appreciate them
along with a brief note describing exactly what the problem with the
tape is. Format is of no consequence. If you can only spare a few
inches (or centimeters) we would still appreciate them. Probably
they should go to Jean-Louis Bigourdan who is heading-up this
project. By regular mail, our address is

    IPI/RIT
    70 Lomb Memorial Drive
    Rochester, NY  14623-5604
    USA

By any other transportation (Airborne, Fed-ex, UPS, etc) they need to
go to shipping and receiving

    IPI/RIT
    335 John Street
    Rochester, NY  14623-5670